Career Returners Programme
SG Kleinwort Hambros - Career Returners Programme 2019
Locations: London, Cambridge, Leeds, Newbury & Edinburgh
Start Date: November 2019
Employment Type: Permanent (Flexible Arrangements Available)
Be Your Best You
Are you a relationship focussed Private Banking or Investment Management professional who has had a career break of more than two years and now feel ready to return to work? Kleinwort Hambros is delighted to announce that we are recruiting experienced professionals in these fields of expertise on a permanent basis through our Career Returners Programme.
Successful applicants will enjoy developing long lasting relationships with our clients, in addition to gaining valuable insights into all areas of Kleinwort Hambros. Working closely with the teams in the Commercial functions will enable you to bring your past experience and current skills to life through managing new and existing client relationships and investment management strategies, right from day one.
As part of the programme, Kleinwort Hambros is partnering with Women Returners, an organisation which will provide you with coaching and training on integrating back into the workplace. You will benefit from developing relationships with your fellow cohort of employees in the programme, as well as a business mentor and buddy who will provide additional support and guidance.
The programme has the full support from the Kleinwort Hambros Executive Committee, so you will gain exposure to senior leaders via events and lunches. We also recognise the importance of promoting a strong work, life and family balance through our Life@Work strategy, where we offer a comprehensive range of family care benefits and networks in a flexible and inclusive environment.
What is Kleinwort Hambros looking for?
The Commercial business function at Kleinwort Hambros requires relationship management focussed professionals who have Private Banking experience. We have the following available UK positions as part of the Career Returners Programme in 2019:
Private Bankers – London, Newbury, Cambridge, Leeds
- Responsible for developing, managing and retaining client relationships with high net worth individuals as part of a team of private bankers who are focused on one or more target segments.
- Strong emphasis on Business Development and Client/Asset gathering, maintenance of existing client book. Creation of new portfolio mandates with primary focus on DPM and Managed Advisory.
- Must have CISI Level 4 qualification as minimum.
Investment Management professionals (Portfolio Management and Investment Advisory) – London, and any of our UK Regional offices with the understanding that travel may be required
- Manage client portfolios in line with client mandate/restrictions, group investment policy and regulations.
- Provide clients with updates and investment advice consistent with group policy.
- Contribute to regular investment team meetings and participate in the various asset class committees.
- Must be CFA qualified to be in an Advisory role. The qualification is not needed for a Portfolio Management support role that is not client facing or providing advice.
Credit Advisor – London
- To help embed credit as an integral part of the wealth management offering for Kleinwort Hambros clients by working closely with Professionals, Intermediaries, Private Bankers & Investment Advisors as a technical credit expert.
- Develop strong and meaningful relationships with Commercial Bankers & Wealth Planning Solutions, to promote Loans Under Management as a core business line.
- CeMap qualification is required.
Applications are encouraged from experienced individuals with relevant backgrounds and you will be highly motivated to return to work and contribute to the core activities of the Commercial business. The roles are permanent, but Kleinwort Hambros facilitates a range of connected working and flexible and home working arrangements, so please tell us what flexibility you require to Be Your Best You.
Programme Key Dates
We will be holding an insight day on Friday 27th September in addition to a recruitment day on Monday 30th September, we recommend that you keep these dates free as part of the application process. If you are unable to make these dates, then please do not hesitate to discuss with our Resourcing team.
How to apply
To find out more and to apply, please visit:
Click on apply and complete the application pages. All candidates will be required to submit a covering letter and CV, indicating the positions within SG Kleinwort Hambros that you are interested in. The deadline for applications is Monday 16th September.
For any queries, please contact Charlotte.Galtfirstname.lastname@example.org